Illustration Design Photography
IMG_0149.jpg

Blog Reflections

Reflection of professional presentation

DGD230 - BLOG – 4 - STUDIO 3 – Project 1: BBFF – Project 3: Infographic

DGD230 - BLOG – 4 - STUDIO 3 – Project 1: BBFF – Project 3: Infographic

Project 1-3 – Week 4:

We had reached the end of our AR BBFF project and were about to embark on another but before doing that we had a discussion to talk about the overall AR project experience. I learned the following valuable lessons, listening to client concerns, supplying correct and timely content and the importance of an overall visual style that should have connected each of the AR experiences to tie in with the BBFF branding. That was an issue raised about too much colour variation that ultimately disrupted the branding link.

Our lecturers often test us by making suggestive observations that encourage us to speak up and reflect about such debacles. I sometimes make the mistake of not saying enough by taking a back seat feeling I should let others talk so my voice isn’t always heard. I need to remind myself not to do that because that is a mistake towards my personal learning experience.

At the end of the day I was happy with what I had produced, below are my final Tag designs for your viewing pleasure.

We then turned our creative attentions towards designing an infographic with social media data about pets for a veterinary clinic. This was an interesting exercise because you can get an infographic either so right or so wrong, the point being to create easily understood data via visual representation. 

We were to watch some helpful tutorial videos which I found of benefit and a couple of quotes stood out to me, “Let the dataset change the mindset” and “information design is about solving information problems” I tried to remember these during my design process,

For which I did a couple of rough thumbnails:

My first attempts I felt lacked proper data visualisation as it didn’t give a standout graphic representation of quantity or volume by comparison to another image. I used both a scaling graph bar combined with icons then information typed over top but it may have been a visual overload. I also struggled a bit with the conversion to web ready files and this is still something I need to remedy.

Below is my first iteration attempt at the A3 poster…

Artboard 1.png
Luke Pidcock